peace lies beyond the dale...

Paradise is under the shadow of swords- Our Master Muhammad, Peace be upon Him

Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword - Our Master Jesus, Peace be upon Him

Peace be Upon those who have declared war on themselves and are victorious


The joy of egos is the ruin of souls
the ruin of egos is the soul of joy
no rest until the war is won
The Sword of Love

And what is the sword of love?
It is a sword from heaven
coming to cut the heads of indifference, illusion, ingratitude.

May we lose our heads and gain our freedom!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

I left my heart in Istanbul
Sweet dervish city
of ten thousand lights
ten thousand portals to the other world
ten thousand mosques, dergahs and holy graves
that freshness of the living faith
Eyyup Sultan
Beloved Eyyup!
waves of tajalli
like oceans of energy
were almost to much to bear
and I'm praying still in his mosque
next door.

I left my heart in Istanbul
I will return to find it there
singing in the gentle hue
of a sun beam illuminating the dust

Oh I want to play and live and die
in the streets of Istanbul
where gardens for the soul
are on every street corner

It is the city of light
and blues and greys
the city of my heart for sure
Oh Istanbul
when will I return to thee?

No comments:

Post a Comment